Iyengar Yoga for Kids – Special Workshops at the HIYC
Yoga is a wonderful tool to nurture children’s spiritual potential. At the Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre yoga for kids workshops we maintain a quality and depth of teaching, whilst having fun and using play to make yoga enjoyable and accessible to children of all ages.
Why special yoga classes for children?
Yoga has many benefits for kids.
- It develops awareness of body, mind and breath
- Helps to focus a wondering mind, building concentration and attention span
- Reduces hyperactivity providing tools for calming down and relaxation
- Regulates energy levels
- Can help to foster positive self image and increase confidence
- Exercises, strengthens and lengthens different muscles in the body.
- Encourages regularity of body clock: of eating, sleeping
- Is a healthy and fun activity which can balance out “screen-time”, the pressures of school and family life
Yoga Asanas for Children
Many yoga poses are named from nature and children will have fun adopting the yoga poses of trees and flowers, animals and warriors and will feel the power of that which they imitate, such as roaring like a lion. The physical aspects to the yoga classes for kids promote alignment, balance and poise allowing tensions to be released which enables a free flow of energy and opening the space for full and bright expression of their life.
No prior Yoga experience is required.
Students who wish to book such a course for their children should request to the office or their Course teacher.
Yoga for Children Courses Booking & Deposit
To ensure a place in the Yoga for Kids / Children Clases, you should book in advance. For booking and deposit please fill up the Enrolment form to check availability and make the online payment using Debit card / Credit card / Internet banking.
Please read Yoga for Children Course Requirements for Participation, Code of Conduct, Terms and Conditions of Payment.