We spend entire lives unaware of our physical body and mind. Being driven by our urges and desires, we do not realize our true nature of inner peace and silence. Listening to our thoughts as if they were ultimate orders; how to feel… how to act… how to live…
The Yoga and Meditation Silent Retreat offers you the chance to find inner bliss by retreating into spiritual practice in lush green nature of the Himalaya Shanti Ashram.
About Yoga & Meditation Silent Retreat
Yoga and meditation practice teaches us how to overcome bodily discomforts and constant mind chatter, so we are able to go beyond it and start to experience moments of true silence and peace within. The physical aches and pains of the body are distracting to meditation practice and bad posture disturbs us energetically.
In this course we will teach participants how to sit effortlessly straight for long durations and most importantly we provide a yoga practice focusing on the therapeutic aspects, liberating the body from existing tensions. This stabilizes the body and mind to allow you to go beyond it and deepen the practice that leads towards one’s true inner self, transcending both the body and the mind.
Beata is a Senior Teacher at the Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre, she has been practising Yoga for 15 years and teaching Master Teacher Sharat Arora’s evolution of Classical Iyengar Yoga for 10 years.
Features of the Silent Retreat
- Morning Iyengar Yoga Asana Class with Beata, including;
- Tips on how to sit so you can be comfortable during your meditation & asanas to counter-balance the effects of sitting for long periods
- Yoga Asanas practiced in a very meditative way to enhance more stability in the body & mind
- Understanding of how meditation improves your yoga practice and how your yoga practice can deepen your meditation
- Afternoon Relaxations sessions with an assistant Yoga Teacher to teach you how you can recharge your energy in passive postures
- Meditation Sessions 2 times a day – each 2 x 40 min. with a 10 min. break in between (total 4 sessions of 40 minutes)
- Karma Yoga for each participant
- Seclusion of Nature
- Healthy vegetarian food with vegetables freshly picked from our Organic Permaculture Farm
Silent Ashram Yoga Retreat
- The Yoga Meditation Retreat is held in silence. We will be storing your phones, tablets, laptops, iPods and any other digital devices, as well as books, for the duration of the course
- You may not interact with the other students, including talking, physical or eye contact
- Students may be asked to leave the course without a refund if they repeatedly break the silence and disturb fellow student
Himalayan Silent Retreat
In our modern busy life it is not easy to find a quiet place far from all our daily responsibilities and start a subtle yoga and meditation practice. The Himalaya Shanti Ashram is a place specially designed for a silent and subtle practice, allowing the practitioners to concentrate fully and leave all the city life behind. The Ashram, surrounded by beautiful nature, with a view on the Himalayan snow peaks and the sound of the continuously flowing mountain river, is an area bringing about quietness and serenity within. With all the facilities needed; a professional yoga and meditation hall, yoga props, meditation cushions, as well as comfortable rooms, it is truly a place to become fully immersed in the experience.
Yoga & Meditation Silent Retreat Daily Schedule
05:00 wake up
05:30 – 07:00 Meditation (2 sessions of 40 min with 10 min break in between)
07:00 – 08:00 Self-Practice of Yoga Iversions
08:00 – 11:00 Iyengar Yoga Asana Class
11:00 – 11:30 Lunch
11:30 – 15:00 Rest
15:00 – 16:30 Meditation (2 sessions of 40min with 10min break in between)
16:30 – 17:00 Herbal Tea
17:00 – 18:30 Yoga Relaxation Class
18:30 – 19:00 Time for watching sunset
19:00 – 19:30 Dinnner
19:30 – Rest and Bed
The course takes place at the Himalaya Shanti Ashram. Our beautiful and isolated location enhances a deeper and more focused practice and facilitates the journey inwards. Time off can be spent in contemplation of nature and swimming in the river. Our Organic Permaculture farm will provide much of your daily food to nourish you.
The Yoga and Meditation Silent Retreat lasts 12 days. A meeting takes place the evening before the Course starts and is compulsory for all participants. The program and exact schedule will be introduced, karma yoga will be distributed and all questions will be clarified.
The 12-Day Yoga & Meditation Silent Retreat makes you eligible to join the 3-Week Intensive and/or 6-Week TTC with Master Teacher Sharat Arora at the Himalaya Shanti Ashram.
Overview: In order to maintain a high standard of learning and participation, the Yoga and Meditation Silent Retreat has specific Prerequisites for Participation and Code of Conduct.
Yoga & Meditation Retreat Booking & Deposit
Yoga & Meditation Silent Retreat Fee: ₹39530/-
To ensure a place in the course, you should book in advance. For booking and deposit please click here and fill up the booking form and make the online payment using Debit card / Credit card / Internet banking. You may Contact us to check availibility for your dates.
Please read Yoga & Meditation Retreat Requirements for Participation, Code of Conduct, Terms and Conditions of Payment.