About the Course:
The 5-Day Yoga Courses immerse the participant into the essence of Yoga, teaching both its aspects, philosophical as well as practical.
Sharat Arora, Indian Yoga Master, designed the 5-Day Course program using a scientific approach and an awareness that is often overlooked in other forms of Yoga. During his 42 years of experience and research in the field, he developed – and still continues to develop – a unique approach to teaching the foundations of Yoga practice in the simplest way possible.
During these Courses, a student learns everything that is needed to maintain a regular self-practice independently.
- Group consultation before the course begins to clarify students’ ailments so that the Teacher/Assistants can you help you in the best way possible
- Course conducted by a Trained Teachers in the Sharat Arora Method
- Students with ailments are given specific therapeutic attention and guidelines
- Props are used to maintain alignment and will be adjusted according to each student’s needs
- Turn your awareness inwards and focus on and learn from the sensations of the body
- Experience a wholesome practice including corrective, rejuvenating/energizing and relaxing/meditative postures which designed to heal the body and promote general wellness
- Integrate the breath within the Asanas
- Talk/Q&A session at the end of the week
Read more about the method
5-Day Introductory Yoga Course: Students coming to the Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre for the first time must start with the 5-Day Introductory Course. This applies to everyone, regardless of his or her previous Yoga experience and ability.
Continuing Students Course: After successfully completing the 5-Day Yoga Introductory Course, students who wish to continue their Yoga training at HIYC start the classes for the continuing students. In the Continuing Students’ class you will be guided into a greater and subtler understanding of the postures as well as learning new Asanas. These classes can be treated like a drop-in if a student is unable to complete a full 5-Day Course.
Courses – for Beginners as well as for Continuing Students – take 2.5 to 3.5 hours daily.
For serious Yoga Practitioners we highly recommend they follow a minimum of 2 consecutive 5-day courses to learn the most essential poses of our practice and experience the essence of Yoga. After 3 5-Day Courses we consider that a student is fully prepared for Self-Practice as well as qualifying for one of our 160H Immersion Courses For this reason we offer discount on each successive course booked up to 4 weeks.
Some classes will be recorded by audio, video and photography for the purpose of archiving the teachings. Recordings will be made available via membership site to students for their own study at home.